Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Did Bin Laden Plead For His Life, Begged US Troops Not To Kill Him?

On the afternoon of May 9, 2011, I was doing some shopping in a Pathmark Supermarket when I suddenly noticed a large photo of Osama Bin Laden’s face, spread over the cover of a tabloid that was displayed in one of the magazine racks at the check out. I don’t recall which tabloid it was, and I don’t recall the exact wording of the caption, but I remember it saying something like, Bin Laden pleaded for his life, begged not to be killed, something like that. It wasn’t a question, but a statement.

Now I know, as well as most adults who knows how tabloids operate that many times they misrepresent the truth and attach photos that is irrelevance to the caption just to sell papers. But, something tells me that this time THEY GOT IT RIGHT!

I just got this gut feeling that Bin Laden wasn’t feeling nearly as tough as he portrayed to the world that he was once he found himself on the wrong side of the gun with a finger behind the trigger that was not of his own.

Now, I kinda wish I'd taken even just a peek between those pages of that tabloid to see what was there, my curiosity more peeked now than it was then.

If there’s any truth to that heading, who do you suppose was the tabloid’s sources? Could those words have been spoken by one of Bin Laden’s wife who was in the compound when her husband was shot and killed?

What do you think? Do you think Bin Laden was still acting like a tough guy and accepted his fate when death came crashing down his front door? Or was he human after all, and pleaded to the US troops to have mercy on his life?

No comments:

Post a Comment